Authorities have asked people return them as they may be reused in future if contact trading operations have to be reactivated.
- The collection period is 13 February to 12 March 2023
- They can be returned to one of 108 CCs
- Lookup your nearest CC here: https://token.gowhere.gov.sg
- Return your TT Token, even if it is faulty or damaged.
- You do not have to return it in person... meaning it is OK if someone returns it for you.
- You do not need your IC to return it.
If you lost your TT Token then don't worry about it. They say "Please do all you can to locate the TT Token and return it."
The devices will be refurbished, not recycled.
Do remember that these tokens are the property of the government and you are not supposed to tamper with them.
There is little recoverable material inside the token (see photos here) however the lithium battery is recyclable.