Places that want your bags!
This is a list of places that will take clean surplus bags in good condition. See the map linked below for locations.
- Bounce Bags
- The Fashion Pulpit
- The Green Collective
- Khoo Teck Puat Hospital Pharmacy
- Nutramix Organic @ Golden Landmark
- Raffles City Green Corner in B1
- Wardah Books
- Woods in the Books and Books Ahoy
In addition to the businesses above, most public libraries will also welcome bags to share with those needing them to take back their books.
As of June 2023, FairPrice is also running a bag share pilot at 5 outlets for customers to donate their excess reusable bags for other customers to use (Info here). The bag share racks are typically found right after checkout. But do consider only putting bags suitable for groceries on such racks.
Use the feedback link below to recommend other names that belong on this list. Thanks!
- Most places only accept cloth bags or paper bags with handles - ie NO PLASTIC!
- Bags should be clean and in good condition.
- Shops generally want bags in excellent condition (like new)
- The libraries just need sturdy bags fit for purpose
- Libraries and book stores require bags strong enough to carry books! (duh).
- When leaving bags at grocery stores, cloth and plastic are the best. Paper bags with handles are generally not big enough or sturdy enough for groceries and are easily damaged by moisture caused by leaks or chilled goods.